Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just some thoughts to share

It seems like we wait and wait all winter for the warm weather to get here. Winter always seems so long to me, I hate the snow and the cold. But, I especially hate the naked trees and the dirty snow.
I love spring and summer, but, this year it has been so rainy that it seems like we didn't have spring.
Our gardens were planted so late and are just starting to bloom now.
Today i realized that July is coming to a quick end and I haven't even been to the beach once.
I better get going and make some plans for some summer fun because by August I start panicking that winter will be here soon.
This year I just want to enjoy each day of the summer and not worry ahead about winter.
I have been busy doing a lot of nothing.
I did start my new healthy lifestyle plan and have lost almost 15 pounds since hubs big health scare
We have been eating really healthy and found a great site online to chart everything we eat.
It is amazing when you see your meals broken down to calories, fats, protein, carbs.
I finally realized why I'm so fat. It's also amazing how little food we really NEED!
I even started a walking routine last week. It has been a really long time since I did any exercise so I'm just starting off slow. A 15 min walk a few times last week. This week I will be doing 20 minutes and next week 30.
I will stay on the 30 minutes for a few weeks and see how it goes.
I go to the cemetery where my dad is to walk. It's a beautiful place and I put in a little flower garden for him, so now I go and water it before my walks.
I find it very peaceful and enjoy the quite time.
No vacation plans this year. It's jsut great having the time to enjoy each day.
Most days I don't have a plan and just wait to see where the day will take me, and I haven't had a boring day yet.
I'm getting to spend lots of time with my grandsons and that is something that I really find joy in.
It's great to see life through their eyes.
It's great having grandsons of different ages the twins are almost 3 now and nikko is 12.
So, I get to do a lot of different things.
Just days at home watching the little guys play in the yard is so much fun.
I went to the car races with Nikko and that was a great day too.
I took him to a movie with his fav cousin and was so shocked that I enjoyed seeing Transformers. It was a little nervous that I wouldn't like it and it was almost 3 hrs long, but it was a great movie. It brought back memories of when my son was that age and he had the some of the transformers that were in the movie.
I feel so lucky to have such a great husband who works so hard and lets me stay home.
I was a stay at home mom most of the time and now I'm a stay at home grandmother.
It's so great to be part of the wonderful memories my daughter is making for her family, and also making some great memories with my sons son..
Nikko is at a strange stage right now and I don't want us to drift too far apart. I will have to think of some things to do that he will enjoy.
I know that as he enters the teen years he won't want to spend as much time with his ole' Nana.
I'm also looking forward to the arrival of our first granddaughter.
she will be arriving at the end of October and we are very excited to finally meet her.
I got to see her on ultrasound a few times now and she is looking great.
I have a close bond with both my kids and feel so lucky to be part of the memory making with their kids.




1 comment:

  1. Let's plan a beach day soon!!!! Keep up the great work with your new healthy life style. YOu look fantastic and you will need your energy for taking care of the boys and the new baby, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete